P R O J E C T S
Project "We are under the same sun”
Objective:Reducing the negative impact of HIV infection in the Republic of Tajikistan in the context of the coronavirus pandemic by conducting information and educational work among the general population using innovative approaches aimed at creating a favorable social environment that excludes stigma and discrimination against people living with HIV.
Donor:Gilead Sciences Inc.
Implementation period: from Аpril 11, 2022 till Аpril 11, 2023
Project "Eliminating Tuberculosis in Central Asia (ETICA)"
Objective: to reduce the burden of tuberculosis (TB) in Central Asia by strengthening local and regional capacities to better detect and treat drug-resistant TB (DR-TB).
1. Improve detection of tuberculosis and DR-TB
2. Improve the effectiveness of treatment for TB and all types of DR-TB.
Donor: U. S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
Implementation period: From October 09, 2019 till June 07, 2024
Project "Strengthening rehabilitation services in the health care system"
Objectives: Comprehensive, sustainable rehabilitation services / systems developed and enhanced through partnerships and stakeholder engagement. Expanding access to quality rehabilitation services, including assisting / assisting technologies, for survivors of conflict and others in need of such services.
1. Support the development of a rehabilitation policy framework through pilot protocols and promoting stakeholder engagement.
1.1. Improving human resources for rehabilitation by supporting education reform in Ukraine and Tajikistan.
2. Creation of demand for rehabilitation services.
2.1: Establish referral channels for rehabilitation / assisting technology services.
Donor: U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
Implementation period: From October 1, 2019 to September 30, 2023
Project "Strengthening the supportive environment and expanding prevention and treatment measures to reduce the burden of HIV and tuberculosis in the Republic of Tajikistan"
Objective: To improve HIV testing, detection of new cases of HIV and tuberculosis and to increase the coverage of ARV therapy among PWID using innovative approaches and methods
• Increase HIV testing and HIV detection among PWID.
• Increase coverage of ARV treatment for all detected HIV cases according to the "Test, Treat" principle
• Improve access to prevention programs - harm reduction, syringe and needle exchange, and low-threshold services.
• Disseminate standard information materials on HIV prevention, legal advocacy and human rights among PWID covered by the ARV treatment
• Provision of legal assistance to PWID / PLHIV
• Increase TB case detection among key and vulnerable populations
Donor: The Global Fund to Fight against AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (UNDP - Tajikistan)
Implementation period: From March 01, 2021 till December 31, 2023